Phone photography - Exploring Balmain
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: PHN_BAL
This is a fun and adventurous way to learn creative photography with your phone.
We begin our adventure at the historic Exchange Hotel on Beattie Street in Balmain. After a brief introduction and overview we head out into the historic suburb to photograph architecture, people, Balmain life, historic laneways, charming cottages, flowers, gardens and other inspirations as they come our way.
We end our PhotoWalk back at the Exchange hotel as VIP guests, where there is food and drinks available for those of us who would like to socialise and debrief after the PhotoWalk.
(Food and drinks are not included in the Photo Workshop.)Things to know
- You will receive personal attention as you require it as we travel in small groups (8 max)
- Suitable for all levels of camera phone users
- Suitable for all types of phones.
- A basic level of fitness will enable you to do this PhotoWalk with ease.
- We have many routes we wander through, your experience will be unique every time you attend.
- Smartphone fundamentals for creative photography
- Tips to improve basic phone handling. eg Quick access to features and shortcuts to special features.
- Insightful techniques, for focusing
- Creative composition for breathing images
- Understand how to creating mood (leading lines, use of scale and juxtaposition)
- Smartphone accessories
- How to use color to make an impact
- introduction to phone apps for editing
- How to develop a style and signature
- By the end of the walk you will have improved skills in phone photography and your confidence as a creative photographer.
- A smartphone fully charged + a power pack (Optional)
- Mini tripod (otional)
- Filters and lenses (optional)
Meeting Point: Exchange Hotel Balmain - 94 Beattie street Balmain.
Meeting Time: 10am
This is an adventurous photowalk so wear appropriate shoes and clothing according to the weather. The session will go ahead in most weather conditions as each weather condition provides a unique opportunity for inspiring photography. If the weather is too severe to run we will notify you and arrange another opportunity for the Photowalk.
Shane Rozario and The WAO team.